Family Friendly 5K in Brentwood – Kickin’ Cancer Sept 20th
Last Year, I ran the Kickin’ Cancer! 5K as a personal challenge. This year, I’m helping promote it (and will probably run too). Details below.
About Kickin’ Cancer!
On Sunday, September 20th, 2015, the Lynne Cohen Foundation is hosting its signature event along San Vicente Blvd. in Brentwood, Los Angeles — the 14th Annual Kickin’ Cancer! 5K & Family Fun Day to give women and families bravely facing ovarian and breast cancers the knowledge, tools and clinical support they need to manage risk, prevent disease, detect it early, and fight it hard.
Kickin’ Cancer! is a family-friendly day of hope, inspiration, fitness, and FUN attracting approximately 2,500 participants and spectators. For some it is a meaningful way to honor and remember a loved one. For everyone involved, it is an opportunity for education, connection, and action to build healthier families and stronger communities.
- 5K Awards: for the Top Female/Male Finishers including gifts from our Sponsors (10 am)
- 5K & Stroller Run: walk, run, or stroll down San Vicente Blvd. (9:00 am)
- Kiddie Fun Run (<1K): for kids ages 10 & under. Participants get Lakeshore® Goody Bags!
- Kids’ Corner: entertainment, bounce house, t-shirt coloring contest, fitness activities, and more!
- Family Fun Day Expo: samples, activities, and more! (opens at 7:30 am)
- Pre- and Post-5K Workout Classes with Burn 60 and others: Space limited. Sign Up Coming Soon
- Warm Up: by Julie Diamond, Fitness Trainer & Ambassador of Health & Happiness (8:50 am)
- Stage sponsored by Ralphs: inspiration to get your heart and body moving!
Support the Cause
- Fundraise, Team Up, Give: champion the cause
- Kickin’ Cancer!® Store: get your gear so you can represent all year long!
- Tribute “Signature” Wall: honor and remember all those touched by cancer
Use the discount code “westsidemom” for 20% off your entire order at kickincancer.com…whether you’re registering yourself, or your entire family.
Hope to see you there!
Kickin’ Cancer website: http://kickincancer.com/