Knott’s Boysenberry Festival April 1 – April 23
Knott’s Berry Farm is a theme park that can boast fun rides AND great food. Every year, the western-themed park celebrates the berry that started it all – the boysenberry. This highly-anticipated festival features over 70 one-of-a-kind boysenberry inspired food, drinks, and more. It’s a three-week long, family friendly event, starting April 1st.
What is a boysenberry?
A boysenberry is a cross between a loganberry, red raspberry and blackberry. It’s named after it’s originator, Rudolph Boysen. All boysenberries in the world can trace their roots back to Knott’s Berry Farm where Walter and Cordelia Knott harvested and sold the first boysenberry on rented land in 1920.
Here’s a short list of delicious treats you will find at Knott’s Boysenberry Festival
- boysenberry pizza made with arugula and goat cheese
- a new ravioli dish packed with boysenberry flavors
- freshly-baked boysenberry fry bread
- lip-smacking corn on the cob with boysenberry butter and mayo
- alligator bites paired with farm-made zesty boysenberry aioli
- finger-lickinboysenberry BBQ wings
- savory boysenberry meatballs
- sweet boysenberry cream soda
- creamy chocolate covered boysenberry cheesecake
Boysenberry items to buy and enjoy later
These are available at the Berry Market located in the California MarketPlace and General Store located in Ghost Town. Select items are available on the online Berry Market store.
- Boysenberry BBQ sauce
- Boysenberry Butter
- Boysenberry Dressing
- Boysenberry Chipotle Sauce
- boysenberry soap
- boysenberry lip balm
- boysenberry rock candy
- Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree!
- Ghost Town Miners musical stage performance
- Old Time Melodrama (with a surprising boysenberry twist)
- Old MacDonald Petting Zoo
Enjoy all this, and more at Knott’s Boysenberry Festival! I’m looking forward to my visit April 9th, and will share with you my personal experiences then!
Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival: knotts.com/boysenberry
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival runs from April 1st – April 23rd. Check website for pricing, specials, and more information.
Knott’s Berry Farm is located at: 8039 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park CA 90620
Disclaimer: Westside Mommy was not compensated for this post. This is for informational purposes only. Content and photos provided by Knott’s Berry farm and used with permission. I am invited as a member of the media to attend the Boysenberry Festival in order to facilitate a review. All opinions are 100% my own.